For whom is this programme?
Navsarjan Surat Railway Child Help Desk situated at Platform no.1. CHILDLINE works for the protection of rights of all children aged from 0 to 18. Their special focus is on all children in need of care and protection, especially the more vulnerable sections, that includes
1) Children affected by physical / sexual / emotional abuse in family, schools or institutions.
2) Children who need emotional support and guidance.
3) Victims of child trafficking.
4) Children abandoned by parents or guardians.
5) Missing children.
6) Run away children.
7) Children who are victims of substance abuse.
8) Differently-abled children.
9) Children in conflict with the law.
10) Children in institutions.
11) Mentally challenged children.
12) HIV/ AIDS infected children.
It also helps children who are in need of care and protection. Childline number is - 1098.
Objectives of Child Help Desk:
1) To reach out to every child on Surat Railway Station who are in need of care and protection by responding to emergencies on 1098.
2) To create awareness about CHILDLINE 1098 amongst every child on Surat Railway Station.
3) To provide a platform of networking amongst organizations and to provide linkages to support systems that facilitates the rehabilitation of children in need of care and protection.
For more details visit: www.childlineindia.org